Group Diabetes Classes: Class One
Group diabetes classes are for people with diabetes who want to learn about and live well with diabetes. These classes are taught by certified diabetes educator, dietitians. Please bring your blood glucose meter and logbook to classes.
Class 1 Overview:
- Basic knowledge about diabetes, risk factors, types of diabetes and what causes it
- Blood sugar testing targets and guidelines and defining the A1c test
- How diabetes is treated and goals of treatment
- Monitoring blood glucose
- Effect of physical activity and guidelines
- High and low blood glucose management
- Sick day management
- Setting personal goals
Questions: Please send a MyChart message to your diabetes educator/dietitian if you questions.