mailto:emma.hughes@accellacare…Deciding whether to participate in a clinical trial is an important and very personal decision. That is why your providers at Duly Health and Care take many factors into consideration before recommending participation in cutting-edge medical research to our patients. Our goal is to ensure the best medical care is provided to our patients, while maintaining an active role in the development of new treatments and medications.
We have partnered with Accellacare Research of Duly Health and Care to offer our patients and our community the opportunity to participate in clinical research. Within this partnership, we have committed to:
- Ensuring that our patients have access to to cutting-edge medical research and receive the very best care.
- Contributing to the development of new medicines, medical devices and vaccines that one day may positively impact the health of millions.
- Educating people about clinical research, connecting them with clinical research study opportunities and monitoring the health and safety of each patient.
What is clinical research?
Clinical trials are research studies designed to answer specific questions about investigational medications that may benefit future patients and current research participants. The trials are designed to assess both the safety and effectiveness of a product and are carefully conducted under rigorous U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) guidelines.
If you have ever taken prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medicines, your life has been touched by clinical research and its amazing clinical trial participants. Through the important clinical research process, medicines, medical devices, and vaccines are developed for those who need them most.
What questions should I ask before deciding to participate in a clinical trial?
- What is the purpose of the trial?
- How can I involve my physician in the care I receive?
- Is the new study drug FDA-approved for any other conditions?
- Why do some studies use a placebo (an inactive product that looks like the study drug)?
- Can I take my regular medications while I’m involved in a study?
- Will the study cost me anything?
- What happens if I have a problem while I’m enrolled in a study?
- What if I decide that the study is no longer in my best interest?
- How can I get my family and friends involved in a study?
How can I participate in a clinical research study?
Research studies are open to patients of Duly Health and Care, the public and employees of Duly Health and Care. Anyone who qualifies for a research study can participate. Not all patients diagnosed with a particular condition will qualify. A member of the research team may ask you questions to determine if you may be eligible to participate. You may be asked to come into the office for a visit to further determine if you qualify to participate.
Qualified participants will receive study-related care and may receive compensation. For more information, please call Duly Health and Care’s Research Hotline at 630−545−7760.
Current and upcoming clinical studies were last updated on January 5, 2023.
Who can I contact with questions about clinical research?
Clinical Research Hotline — 630−545−7760
For Sponsors & Partners
Erin Hackett, Manager of Clinical Research
Emma Hughes, Team Lead